The Langhe, the beautiful wine-growing areas of Piedmont part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site
The Langhe are some of the most beautiful natural areas of Italy.
The area is rich in history and excellent tradition of food and wine.
The nature of hilly terrain is perfect for different courses topped with wineries, orchards and hazelnut groves and woods woods.
The famous ITT Stage of the Giro d’Italia Corsa Rosa, Barbaresco-Barolo was one of the favorites course in 2014.
The area has the best of the Italian wines, Barolo and Barbaresco are from here as well as the
white truffle d’Alba.
The tour will ride through these fairytale looking lands. Quiet back roads through the Barolo and Barbaresco vineyards including famous climbs like the so called “
La Salite dei Campioni” (The Climbs of the Champs).
This tour is perfect for any type of cyclist that has passion for nature, food and wine. Companions, family and friends are welcome
to join and be part of this amazing journey.
BMC Bicycles with provide demo bikes for the tour participants!
From April 27 to May 03, 2017
- 5 night at 4 star resort Relais Montemarino 4* - double occupancy (Wifi included)
- Daily Breakfasts
- Light lunches
- Daily dinners in local restaurants
- Secured bike room
- Access to indoor and outdoor pools
- Bike Division T-shirt for cyclists and companions
- Wine tasting for cyclists and companions
- Physiotherapist available upon request ( € 20.00 per 30 min. session)
- Guided Rides led by Andrea Tonti
- Support vehicle during the rides
- Professional mechanic assistance for the entire stay
- 10 BMC Demo bikes available for rent. roadmachine 01 - Ultegra Di2 and teammachine SLR01 - Ultegra Di2
- Arrival in Italy - transfer to Hotel and welcome from Bike division Staff
- bikes fitting
Ride #1 - “ Barolo & Barbaresco” (61 miles - 6,069 ft. elevation)
- Morning ride through the precious Nebbiolo wineries where some of the most best wines in the world are produced, the Barolo and the Barbaresco.
Afternoon the entire group will enjoy wine tasting with Sommelier Guide in one of the wineries.
Ride #2 - ”Alta Langa” - The Northern Langa (57 miles/5,900 ft. elevation)
- For the cyclists, we’ll ride few of the most traditional climbs, named after the greatests cyclists in cycling history, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes and small ancient villages, typical of the area. Surreal atmosphere where time stopped its clock on past centuries.
In the Afternoon the entire group will include a visit to the farm where the rare and famous white truffles of Alba is processed before exporting it worldwide.
Ride #3 - Labor Italian Day - Ride the holiday! (38km - 3,772 ft. elevation)
- Holiday ride. Enjoy how Italians spend their holidays!
- Transfer to airport city for a free day for shopping and tourist the city(Turing is the closest airport)
Bike Test BMC
BMC Bicycles will provide demo bikes for the tour participants!
You can rent them for the whole of your tour, or just test them during the bike test. These are the bikes available for the tour:
The One-bike Collection
BMC RoadMachine 01 - Ultegra Di2
BMC RoadMachine 02 - Ultegra Grey
Who said you couldn’t have it all?
Due to the ultimate advancements in a re-Tuned Compliance Concept, this bike challenges the traditional road bike categories. From axle to axle, the new Roadmachine delivers sleek, integrated technologies and hints at free speed from every angle. It is lightweight, fast, and incredibly integrated. Brilliant pedaling efficiency and the ideal level of compliance for legendary days of riding leave you with no doubts; this bike has it all.
The requirements for the Teammachine family were defined by the demands of WorldTour racing
– a delicate balance of ultra-lightweight for those grueling, above-category
climbs, and rapid-fire acceleration for laying down aggressive attacks.
In response, our engineers outdid themselves and developed our proprietary ACE Technology.
With this, they accelerated the design and engineering process and developed 34,000 virtual prototypes in just one year.
The end result is the Teammachine SLR – offering the world‘s finest balance of lightweight, stiffness and compliance.
BMC TeamMachine SLR01 - Ultegra Di2
In Partnership with