The Langhe, the beautiful wine-growing areas of Piedmont part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site
The Langhe are some of the most beautiful natural areas of Italy. The area is rich in history and excellent tradition of food and wine. The nature of hilly terrain is perfect for different courses topped with wineries, orchards and hazelnut groves and woods woods. The famous ITT Stage of the Giro d’Italia Corsa Rosa, Barbaresco-Barolo was one of the favorites course in 2014.
The area has the best of the Italian wines, Barolo and Barbaresco are from here as well as the white truffle d’Alba.
The tour will ride through these fairytale looking lands. Quiet back roads through the Barolo and Barbaresco vineyards including famous climbs like the so called “ La Salite dei Campioni” (The Climbs of the Champs).
This tour is perfect for any type of cyclist that has passion for nature, food and wine. Companions, family and friends are welcome to join and be part of this amazing journey.
From May 31 to June 05 & 6-11 September, 2018
- 5 night at 4 star resort Relais Montemarino 4* - double occupancy (Wifi included)
- Daily Breakfasts
- Light lunches
- Daily dinners in local restaurants
- Secured bike room
- Access to indoor and outdoor pools
- Bike Division T-shirt for cyclists and companions
- Wine tasting for cyclists and companions
- Physiotherapist available upon request ( € 20.00 per 30 min. session)
- Guided Rides
- Support vehicle during the rides
- Arrival in Italy - transfer to Hotel and welcome from Bike division Staff
- bikes fitting
Ride #1 - “ Barolo & Barbaresco” (61 miles - 6,069 ft. elevation)
- Morning ride through the precious Nebbiolo wineries where some of the most best wines in the world are produced, the Barolo and the Barbaresco. Afternoon the entire group will enjoy wine tasting with Sommelier Guide in one of the wineries.
Ride #2 - ”Alta Langa” - The Northern Langa (57 miles/5,900 ft. elevation)
- For the cyclists, we’ll ride few of the most traditional climbs, named after the greatests cyclists in cycling history, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes and small ancient villages, typical of the area. Surreal atmosphere where time stopped its clock on past centuries. In the Afternoon the entire group will include a visit to the farm where the rare and famous white truffles of Alba is processed before exporting it worldwide.
Ride #3 - Labor Italian Day - Ride the holiday! (23,6 miles - 3,772 ft. elevation)
- Holiday ride. Enjoy how Italians spend their holidays!
Ride #4 - ”Colle delle Finestre Ring” - (84,5 miles/8,038 ft. elevation)
- English detail
Ride #5 - ”Sestriere” - (81,3 miles/6,889 ft. elevation)
- English detail
- Transfer to airport city for a free day for shopping and tourist the city(Turing is the closest airport)